Friday, August 7, 2009

Smooth Away.


From time to time here at Empty Veins, I'll be posting reviews. If there is anything you'd like me to review - a website, a product or anything else, just let me know!

I'd like to start with an item called Smooth Away. Come on, you've seen it on TV. Lady sitting nicely in her towel, calmly removing the hair on her legs without chemicals, wax or a razor! It's said to buff away hair painlessly while gently exfoliating your skin! This seemed like something I'd like. I'm very big on going the non chemical route, I use natural products whenever I can. So, I gave in and bought Smooth Away last night. (tip, if you close out the smooth away site, it will offer you a lower price!)


I got home, curled up into bed after a nice shower, opened product and started reading the directions. Use circular motions, 3 times one way, 3 times the other. Um, ok! I checked the little battery on the vibrating controller, got this thing ready and off I went! 3 times right... 3 times left... 3 times... wait a minute! I feel like the Karate kid! Wax on, Wax off - Wax on, Wax off! Oh wait, we said no wax.. right?!

Continuing, I am feeling a little silly,but I am starting to see some results. Leg is getting smooth - hey, it works! But it does take a little more effort than they show you. It seems a bit time consuming. But then, so is waxing, shaving and even using products such as Nair. I haven't tried it on any 'sensitive' areas yet. My underarms were already smooth, and I wasn't brave enough to go anywhere else with it!

The website says the product is:
- The Fastest Selling, Most Popular Women's Product In Europe
- Exfoliates As You Use It
- Works Wonders On Sensitive Areas
- Easy, Safe, & Painless Hair Removal

In the directions, it also points out that it is not just for women. They offer a 60 day money back guarantee at the site, so always worth a shot if you are curious. As for me, I am leaning towards liking the product. But I am little unsure if it's worth all the buff on, buff off effort. ;) All in all, I give the product a hairless salute.

Anyone else have any thoughts on it?

~~Edit: Thanks to a comment pointing out that I didn't mention the price, or if I thought it was worth the price, I'd like to add that in!

If you order from the site it's 14.99 plus shipping and handling for the kit, and a extra kit free... but wait, as I mentioned earlier - close the site out and they offer you a discount at 9.99 plus shipping and handling. I myself got it at Walmart for 10.00. Was it worth the 10.00? For me, I'll say yes, although a bit time consuming, I was still happy with the purchase.


Signing out a soft and smooth Jezabelle... 'till next time! xo

4 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention the price and if you think it's worth what you paid for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems interesting... I use an electric hair puller out thing emjoi it's a little painful but you get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I saw someone reviewing this product on the Tyra show, she said it took way too long to do. Yeah, I think my sensitive areas might be a bit too sensitive for such an abrasive and slow technique. Plus I'm always like, "I can't make myself spend 10 bucks on that" which is why I have not yet tried it.

    Thanks for the review... Have you ever used lipstain lipcolor like the new Cover Girl one, or that latest Revlon one step colorlast lipstick? I have tried the CG one but not the Revlon one, but am VERY curious if it works well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TC, thank you for pointing that out! I should have mentioned the price and my thought on if it was worth it, I will edit that in! Thank you for commenting!

    JnA, I don't know that I am brave enough for the electric hair puller, lol. Thank you for sharing your comment!

    Molly, it does take some time to get all the hair this way! Very time consuming.

    I haven't tried Revlon's new one step, but funny enough it's a product I've been curious about! I'll pick it up soon and give it a shot then do a review on it! What did you think of the CQ? Stay tuned, and thank you so much for your opinion and comment!

    ~Jezabelle xo

    ReplyDelete