Sunday, August 2, 2009


Love is a crazy thing, isn't it? It's all around us. Those that are falling in love... falling out of love... doing everything they can to keep love. It makes us strive to be better people. We all reach for it everyday. Whether it's with our significant other, a parent, a child, a sibling, a friend. It's everywhere. But how many of us embrace that love? Thank the stars for that love? It's easy to take advantage of... or to forget how great it really makes us feel inside.

For me, I've been married for over a decade - going on a decade and a half... holy batman! And I know there has been times when I have taken advantage of that love. Or pushed that love away because I didn't feel worthy of it. I didn't love myself... so how could someone else really love me? But over the years, I learned to embrace it. You know it's true love when you are sitting in the bathtub, covered in chicken pox - and your partner thinks you look adorable!

What got me to pondering such a corny subject, some might ask? My mother, actually. She has fought her way through life trying to find out who she really is inside. Coming from a very sheltered and protective childhood... going into a marriage that at one point was abusive,mentally and physically. To another marriage where she fought to help the man she felt for to fight his addiction to drugs and alcohol. Till one day she realized that deep inside she wanted to be with other women. She went through one relationship... and then decided she needed to be on her own and get a fresh start. Which landed her living here with us for awhile. Well, recently she has met someone who has made her - well, wow, how I have never seen her. Like a giddy school girl. Giggling about the first kiss, and excitement of the new relationship. She is really glowing. And it made me smile inside.

It made me think of my own marriage. The good times, and the bad times. How my husband (we'll call him wolf from now on) and I have fought to keep our love alive. How we work every day to make it work for both of us, without losing ourselves. Just recently in fact, we went through a bit of a hard time... and after much talking, it was suddenly like falling in love all over again. He had gone away for business and I found myself getting sweet text messages from him. I also found myself being so excited for his return. Buying new lingerie and making his favorite dinner! I guess I myself get like that giddy school girl also,hm?

But anyway - a point Jezabelle- get to a point! Ok, a point to the ramblings:

Embrace love. Your friends, your siblings, your partners, your parents - everyone. Embrace it, tell them you love them, work to keep that fire alive... because life is short and none of us know what tomorrow will bring.

'till my next post - all my love!
~Jezabelle

1 comment:

  1. Aw. Thank you Annie!

    It's so easy to slip into the routine of things... to ignore a special look, a special touch.. or more importantly GIVE a special look or touch.

    You mean the world to me Annie, love you always! You're one of the best friends I've ever had! ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete